Amarillo City Defensive Driving and Ticket Dismissal
If you recently got a ticket in Amarillo City, Texas we are here to make the process a little less painful for you by offering an online, lol官方网址-approved Texas Defensive Driving course that will help keep points from being added to your license. Here's how it works.
After receiving your citation, you have 90 days to complete a defensive driving course, if you so choose and are eligible for this option. You will be required to pay a flat fee of $10.00 in addition to the cost of your citation. In order the take the course:
- The Texas defensive driving course must be approved by the Texas Propriety School Act
- You must plea nolo contendere or guilty
- You must have a valid Texas driver's license
- You must prove financial responsibility (car insurance) during the time of the citation
- You cannot have elected this option and taken this course within the last 12 months
- You must complete obtain a copy of your Texas Driving Record
Please note that those cited for speeding over 24 mph or those with a commercial license cannot take this course.
Once you complete the defensive driving course, you will receive a certificate of completion, which our course provides. This certificate must be mailed to the Municipal Court, P.O. Box 1366, Amarillo, Texas 79105 or brought in person to the Municipal Court, which is open from 8:00am to 5:00pm on Monday through Friday. It is also open until 7:00pm on Thursday.
If the court fails to receive your certificate, it will notify you. If you fail to submit a certificate within 90 days, you will be summoned to court.
If you elect not to take a Texas Defensive Driving course, you may your ticket fee and have points accessed on your license. If you would like to remove the points and help keep your car insurance rates low, you can take a defensive driving course. Our course is 100% online, so why not start today?