This Chocolate Swirl Banana Zucchini Bread is beyond delicious. Two key ingredients help to create one of the most moist and delicious quick breads. Swirled traditional and chocolate batter bring an exciting flavor combination to life. This will become a new regular!
Two of my personal favorite recipes are banana bread and zucchini bread. In fact, I prefer banana bread batter to just about any batter or dough out there 🙂
This recipe combines my two favorite quick breads and combines them with my other love, chocolate. These flavors fuse together beautifully and tastefully to produce a recipe that I keep coming back to time and time again.
WHAT IS A QUICK BREAD?
A quick bread is any bread that is leavened with leavening agents other that yeast or eggs, like baking soda or baking powder, and allows it to bake immediately.
WHAT ARE SOME TYPES OF QUICKBREADS?
Trust me, this recipe will become a new staple. Everyone who has eaten this bread has nothing but rave reviews to say about it. If you have some browning bananas, put this recipe at the top of the list! You will not regret it.
Chocolate Swirl Banana Zucchini Bread
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups mashed bananas
- 2½ cups flour, divided
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking soda, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ cup chocolate chips, I like milk chocolate, but it is your preference
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl (mixing bowl 1), combine zucchini, both sugars, eggs, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Mix well.
- In another mixing bowl (mixing bowl 2) add 1 cup flour, cocoa, 1 teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt. Add 2 cups of the zucchini mixture from mixing bowl 1, and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Add 1½ cup flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, and ½ teaspoon salt to mixing bowl 1 (after the 2 cups have been transferred to mixing bowl 2 pre-flour). Mix well.
- Split the 1¼ cup mashed bananas evenly between the two mixtures and fold it in to incorporate.
- Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Alternately spoon 1 cup of each batter in layers into the pan. With a knife gently swirl the batters to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 60 to 80 minutes. This time will depend on how your oven is calibrated. If the zucchini bread starts to brown to much before it is done, cover with foil. It is done when you can insert a long tooth pick in the middle and it comes out clean.
- Let sit in pan for 5 minutes before inverting loaf. Cool on wire rack.